Getting to our school
The school serves a catchment area of 233 square kilometres (90 square miles) and the majority of the students travel to and from the school by bus or coach.
Derbyshire County Council provides free transport or bus passes to all students living more than 4.8km from the college but within the normal catchment area. Students living less than 4.8km (3 miles) of the college must pay, unless the council agrees that the route to the normal area school is dangerous for a child to undertake on foot. Transport arrangements are dealt with by Derbyshire County Council (tel: 01629 536739). Please contact them if you have any queries. Further details are available on the Derbyshire County Council website.
There are a number of buses that run (either by First South Yorkshire or Hulleys of Baslow) from Sheffield to Hope Valley College. These are:
- 256, 257 (Bakewell - Sheffield)
- 271, 272 (Sheffield - Castleton)
A weekly ChildFirstWeek (First South Yorkshire)/Hope Valley Student Hopper (Hulleys) ticket is available to purchase for £8.50 per week, with the production of a valid South Yorkshire concession card (a Zoom card) for proof of age.
Current transport services:
Timetables for bus services to and from school from September 2022 are available to download below:
Bus Operator Details:
- First South Yorkshire run a contracted service which is also a service bus which goes from Sheffield and picks up in Hathersage and Bradwell (271 and 272). Tel: 0345 6460707 and see timetable here.
- Hulley’s run contracted services covering, Eyam, Grindleford and Foolow (025 and 048) and one covering Bamford and Yorkshire Bridge (273 and 274). Contact is Jill on 01246 582246.
- Hulley's also run the public bus service from Sheffield - the 257 to Bakewell.
- Andrew's run a contracted service for Edale (200). Contact is Donna on 01298 871222.
- Andrew’s also run a private service from Buxton and Tideswell which now goes through Litton. This is arranged by HVC parents.
- Michael's Taxi is a contracted service covering Abney.
- TM Private Service run several services organised by parents, which cover:
- Chapel, Chinley, Whaley Bridge.
- Peak Forest.
- Birch Vale, New Mills, Furness Vale, Whaley Bridge, Chapel, Chinley, Little Hayfield and Hayfield.
Contact 01298 812148.
If you want to set up your own transport solution please contact us to discuss further. We may be able to put you in touch with other parents who have gone through this process.
Telephone: 01433 620555 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Authority transport information
To find out more about the transport options available to you please view this information from Derbyshire County Council.