Hope Valley College is proud to offer freshly made food, cooked on-site by our in-house catering team in our dedicated restaurant.
We recognise that a great school food culture improves pupil health & wellbeing. As part of this we aim to:
- Offer tasty, nutritionally balanced meals, that cater for a wide range of dietary requirements.
- Use local businesses where possible to supply our products.
- All of our sandwich packaging is biodegradable.
- We are in the process of phasing out all single use plastics and all of our drinks cartons and cans and other packaging is recycled.
- All of our food that is prepared and pre-packed for sale is fully compliant with allergen labelling law that came into effect from 1 October 2021.
- All of our staff are trained in food safety and in October 2021 we received another 5* Health & Hygiene rating.
Our lunchtime menus currently operate on a 3-week rotation – the menus can be viewed at the bottom of this page.
If anyone has any questions or concerns relating to the school food offer or dietary requirements, please contact school and our catering team will be happy to help
Free School Meals
Applying for free school meals is straightforward, confidential and online and can save you approximately £475 a year. Your child’s lunch account is automatically and confidentially credited with £2.50 each day, which is enough for a "meal deal". If your child wishes to purchase anything above the allowance, including food at break or additional drinks, extra funds can be added using the online payment software called Parent Pay.
If the full meal allowance is not used up daily, any surplus will be lost - it will not roll over to the next day. The meal deals below are available every lunchtime.
Meal Deal 1
- Main meal of the day
- Hot or cold homemade pudding
Meal Deal 2
- Grab 'n' go snack
- Hot or cold homemade pudding - plus
- Piece of fresh fruit
Meal Deal 3
- Cold sandwich
- Homemade cake or mixed fresh fruit
- Milkshake or apple/orange juice carton
In addition, Hope Valley College receives an extra £985 per student who receives free school meals. This helps us to provide more help and support, e.g. subsidised or free enrichment activities, such as trips or guitar lessons.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- The Guarantee element of the State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income of no more than £16,190)
- Universal Credit
Apply now to via Derbyshire Local Authority here.