Around The World In 80 Days (or less)
Published on 16/02/21
Two amazing fundraising events organised by the PTFA
Hope you are all keeping safe and well.
Usually at this time of year we are busy finalising plans for HVAFF – the Adventure Film Festival. Sadly, it won’t take place this year so in its place we are excited to announce 2 virtual events:
1. Wednesday 10th March 7 – 9: An online evening of adventure with two of the UK’s most amazing climbers: Ben Heason and Pete Whittaker.
This event will take place on Zoom and is free to register via Eventbrite. We are asking people to make donations to the PTFA just giving page. Proceeds will be split between refurbishing the sports hall and CRY (Cardiac Risk in the Young) Details below.
We hope you will join us – please feel free to share the link widely. It promises to be a great evening.
2. Around the World in 80 days Challenge
We are challenging all HVC students, or as many as possible, to log the distance that they walk, run or bike. The total distance of this challenge is 40,075km! To achieve this target that’s 501km per day…There are 570 students, so if all take part that’s about 1km per person per day. Please encourage and support your child / children to take part and to log their distance, no matter how small. What a great way to start half term !
We would also ask you to encourage supporters to donate to the PTFA Just Giving page.
To take part in this challenge your child / children just need to:
- Login into Teams
- Click on the “Teams" tab on the left
- Click on “HVC Community” team
- Click on the “RTW" thread on the left
- Start a “New conversation”
- Write a message including km=NUMBER and/or steps=NUMBER. If you like you can also include more details to let people know what you’ve be doing, such as “Walking the dog, steps=894” or “Ride to sweet shop km=2.3”
- All replies are ignored, but you can use replies to give kudos or chat if you wish
- You can post every day or just add up your activities since your last post, and remember, every step counts.
We will keep you updated on the weekly distance and amount of money raised.
Thanks as always for your support,
Hope Valley College PTFA