English Schools Fell Running Champs
Published on 17/10/19
Hope Valley College entered a team and ran their socks off
We'd like to congratulate all of the HVH runners who competed in the English Schools Fell Running Champs at Giggleswick on 6th October. Here is an amended report, which now includes HVH runners who are at schools other than HVC - apologies for missing off the first report:
Everyone ran brilliantly in a very competitive field of over 500 runners, with river crossings, steep slopes and mud in Giggleswick.
- Jack Cook 10th in the Y7 boys and strong performances from Seth Tierney 44th and Jake Openshaw 52nd.
- Angus Wallis 40th, Theo Rogers 56th, Bryn Heason 64th and Emil Howell 77th all gave good performances in a very competitive Y8/9 boys race with their HVC team finishing 10th.
- Ffion Patton finished 8th, Maddy Richardson 14th and Megan Smith 54th running for HVC to win the silver team medal in the Y8/9 girls!
- Heidi Shackleton was 40th in the Y8/9 girls
- Lucy Roland had an impressive run to finish 17th in top half of the Y10/11 girls
- Euan Patton finished 10th, Jonah Patton 13th and Luke Openshaw 23rd to win gold team medal for HVC in the Y10/11 boys!
The full results are here.
Every one of them was brilliant they ran hard, supported each other and were a real credit to Hope Valley Hurricanes.